Friday 15 July 2016

Caledonian Revolution 2016- White Scars Army Lists

Today I will be attending Caledonian Revolution down at the NWGC in Stockport. I will be taking my White Scars army (my go to tournament army) and have made two lists for which to use at the event.
The first list is for the games on the Friday night. This is a 1000 pts Combined Arms Detachment with no Fortifications, Superheavies or Gargantuan creatures and no D weapons.
My army list is:
Combined Arms Detachment
Khan- Moondrakken
5 Bikers- 2 Grav Guns, Sergeant has Meltabombs
5 Bikers- 2 Grav Guns, Sergeant has Meltabombs
10 Tactical Marines- Meltagun
Drop Pod
5 Sternguard Veterans- 3 Combi-meltas
Drop Pod
3 Scout Bikers- one grenade launcher
5 Scouts- Close combat weapons, bolt pistols, Sergeant has Meltabombs
Landspeeder Storm- Heavy Bolter, Cerberus launcher
Attack Bike- Multi-melta

For this list, I decide to take my core army of Khan and two units of grav bikers. I also added some tactical marines in a drop pod and Sternguard (with combi-meltas) in another drop pod. I took the Sternguard as I really like them and don't get to use them too often.
I also took some Scouts in a Landspeeder Storm (I love this unit), some Scout Bikers and an attack bike.
I don't know what the missions are for these games, but I should have a strong and mobile force for grabbing objectives or maelstrom points.
My 1850 pts list for the main tournament is:
Scarblade Strike Force
Hunting Force
Khan- Moondrakken
Command Squad- Bikes, Apothecary, 4 grav guns, 4 storm shields, Banner of the Eagle
6 Bikers- 2 grav guns, sergeant with power axe and meltabombs
6 Bikers- 2 grav guns, sergeant with meltabombs
Attack Bike- Multimelta
6 Scout Bikers- 2 Grenades launchers, sergeant with meltabombs and homing beacon

Stormbringer Squadron
5 Scouts- bolt pistols, combat weapons, sergeant with meltabombs
Landspeeder Storm- Heavy Bolter, Cerberus Launcher
Landspeeder- Multimelta, Typhoon Missile Launcher
Combined Arms Detachment
Chaplian- Bike, Hunter's Eye, Meltabombs
5 Scouts- Bolters, sergeant with meltabombs
Landspeeder Storm- Heavy Bolter, Cerberus Launcher
3 Bikers- 2 meltaguns, sergeant with meltabombs
3 Centurions- Grav cannons and grav amps, hurricane bolters
Drop Pod
Stormhawk Interceptor- TL assault cannon, Skyhammer missile launcher, Las-talon

My list has changed a bit since my first initial thoughts.

I decided to drop the Librarian and take a Chaplain on a bike instead. My Librarian struggled to achieve much in the game, so thought the Chaplain would give me some more combat punch as well as an additional invulnerable save.

I also dropped the sniper scouts from my list. They were able to hold a deployment zone objective for me, but they didn't really do much during the game and were too easy to take out.

With the Scouts dropped, I was able to take the Banner of the Eagle in my command squad, add a power axe to one of my bike units and take a Stormhawk Interceptor instead of the Stormtalon in my army. The Stormhawk will give me some nice reserves manipultions (assuming my opponent has no flyers) and an extra gun to use.

So those are my lists for the tournaments. I hope to bring you the battle reports for my games when I return. 


4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you have some fun games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many fun games were had Marc, battle reports coming soon.

      Delete
  2. I think your list looks really solid with the changes you've made. I've usually take a Librarian as my HQ, too, but your reasoning makes a lot of sense and he really never does much. I guess you could make a case if you stick him into the pod with your grav cents and roll on divination.

    I'm also very interested to see how the banner performs, and you've also almost have me convinced that the grenade launchers could be worth it on the scout bikes.

    Good luck and bring home a trophy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The army performance was interesting. Battle reports and army review coming soon!

      Delete