Sunday 1 October 2017

Hobby Sunday 01/10/17- Genestealer Cult Acolyte Hybrids

This week for Hobby Sunday, I have been continuing my work with the Genestealer Cults and have completed another unit of Acolyte Hybrids. 

These are from the boxed set rather than the Deathwatch Overkill box, so there is a bit more variety in the models. I decided to build this squad with two Hand Flamers and a couple of Rock Drills. 

Here are some WIP shots and my completed models. 





















































I tried to do some hazard stripes on some of the equipment. They are a bit messy, but I'm sure I will improve with them over time.

Finishing the unit gives me my first hobby badge of the season!

8 comments:

  1. They look great and hazard stripes in a place that would actually be a hazard for once ;) I really like your purple and the clash with the orange and white "Rebel Pilot" look. Nice mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Siph. I really like the orange and light grey scheme, it's pushing me to finish the army more when you like the scheme.

      Delete
  2. Nice work man, they're coming along well! I can't wait to get my hands on some more gsc stuff, though the Tau are calling loudly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Nick. Once I finally got started on them, I find myself able to get through them quite quickly.

      Delete
  3. Hey, for the hazard stripes - just paint the yellow first, once it's done and dry, cover the area with some strips of blu-tac. Press it on fairly well (so you don't get paint bleeding under the tac) and then paint in the exposed areas, once that's all dry, peel the blu-tac off. Done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ewan, I'll give that a try on the next ones! I did paint the black on the yellow on these, but my lines are so messy.

      Delete