Sunday 2 July 2017

Hobby Sunday 02/07/17- Genestealer Cult Neophyte Hybrids

This week's Hobby Sunday sees me complete my first half squad for my Genestealer Cults army. 

For the scheme, I followed the Warhammer TV "How to paint Genestealer Cults- Neophyte Hybrids" video. You can find the first part of the painting in an earlier post




For the bases, I decided to use a dark grey flock. I like the look of it, but it could maybe be lightened a little. I might take a look at getting some light static grass to add to the bases. 









As you can see, they are not the neatest of paint jobs, but I am quite happy getting them up to a decent tabletop standard for my games, given how many I will need to get painted up.

Now that my Deathwatch army has been completed, I am planning on taking a good run at the Genestealer Cults, so expect more painting updates in the future. 

9 comments:

  1. Dirty xenon scum, ahem, I meant Praise to the Four Armed Emperor! Great effective job mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Siph, looking forward to getting the rest of the force painted up.

      Delete
  2. Looking good. I particularly like the fleshtone you got there. Nicely reinforces the subtly inhuman aspects of their sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers WestRider, the painting videos are really useful, great for picking up all the nuances and details for the models.

      Delete
  3. Finallyyyyyyyyyy!!! Prepare for the coming of our saviours, the many bladed angels from the stars!

    I like the idea with some grass on the bases, it's easy and upgrades the base noticeably imo. The paint job is great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris, sorry for the long delay in getting your Genestealer-y goodness! I am hoping to get a few battles in while I am in the progress of painting them, so you won't have to wait until everything is painted to see them in a game.

      Delete
    2. No worries, I'm just happy to see the first gearing up for the insurrection now! To be honest I'm still in the process of building mine, but will probably play them for the first time this Saturday, yay! Vs Eldar no less, boooh :(

      Delete
  4. Maybe some snow would be good for the bases? The GW Valhallan Blizzard is good stuff, and easy to use. It'd go well with the orange tones too.

    Painting wise, are you going to dare to do some Hazard Stripes? It isn't as hard as you might think, but maybe have a practice first - could be good blog fodder too! (If you are, you basically just need to draw lines and then fill in the gaps. Personally I start with the yellow and then do the black, which gives me an opportunity to clean up the shapes, and we all know that yellow will take more than one coat anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is a good shout, I may have to test that out on the squad!

      I am finally going to give hazard stripes a go on the vehicles at least. I want to try and stick to the GW scheme as much as possible, and it features them quite prominently on them. I will also maybe go back and do them on the squads or at least add some squad markings, once I figure out how the squads will be armed and ordered!

      Delete