Thursday 26 September 2024

LGT Game 1- World Eaters vs Leagues of Votaan

I recently attend the London Grand Tournament for 40k with my World Eaters. My first game was against Si and his Leagues of Votaan. 


The first mission was Terraform, with sweeping engagement deployment and swift deployment. 


My army consisted of:
Angron
Lord Invocatus
Master of Executions- Berserker Glaive
Chaos Lord on Juggernaught- Favoured of Khorne
10 Berzerkers- 3 Plasma Pistols, Icon
Rhino
10 Jakhals
10 Jakhals
2 Chaos Spawn
6 Exalted Eightbound
3 Exalted Eightbound
3 Eightbound
Forgefiend- 2 Hades Autocannons, Ectoplasma Cannon

This is a tournament list I have been playing about with for a little while. It has been performing pretty well for me, so would be interested to see how it fared at a larger event. 

Si's army consisted of:
Brokhyr Iron-master
Einhyr Champion
Kahl
10 Hearthkin warriors
3 Sagitaurs
6 Thunderkyn- Graviton
5 Beserks
10 Hearthguard
5 Hearthguard
Hekaton Land Fortress- Conversion Beamer
3 units of 3 Pioneers
10 Yaegirs

The Votaan had a lot of strong firepower, as well as the infiltrators and scouting Pioneers that would mess up my inital scout moves. 

I used my standard deployment, with the Exalted and Jakhals up front to scout. I put Angron and the Rhino on the right, with the Forgefiend on the left flank. 

Si deployed the Yaegors near the middle objective to screen, with Bikers out on each flank. Most of his forces deployed a bit further back, to stay out of my charge ranges. 

I won the roll for first turn, which was great news for me. I used the Scout moves to push up the Jakhals towards the centre, along with the Eightbound. Si moved his Pioneers up to the cover in front of them. 




TURN 1
In my first turn, I got No Prisoners and overwhelming force. I also got advance and charge and FNP on my blessings. 

I moved the Jakhals and Eightbound up towards the Yaegirs, who used their reactive move to shuffle back behind the ruins. The Spawn and Jugger Lord moved up to the objective on the left, while Angron moved to support the middle block. The Spawn started the Terraform. 

In the charge phase, the Jakhals and Eightbound charged the Yaegirs. I had hoped the Jakhals could kill them, while the Eightbound went after the Land Fortress, but both units were required to wipe them out. I did manage to consolidate into the Fortress with the Eightbound and the Pioneers with the Jakhals.

Si had a strat to fall back and shoot, but it could only be used on one unit. I scored 5 pts for No Prisoners and Overwhelming Force. 

In his turn, Si drew Recover Assets and Sabotage. The Pioneers moved up on the left to carry out Sabotage, while the Sagitaur, Pioneers and Hearthkin moved up on my right to the ruins to carry out the actions. The Sagitaur started the action, while the Hearthkin started Terraform. 



In the middle, the Votaan got out of the Fortress to deal with the World Eaters in front of them. He used the fall back and shoot strat on the Land Fortress and both the Jakhals and Eightbound were dealt with by the combined firepower. 

He got 3 on sabotage and Assets was in progress. 

VICTORY POINTS:
World Eaters- 15
Votaan- 13

TURN 2
This turn, I got Storm Hostile and Recover Assets. I also completed the Terraform for 2 pts and got 8 more on the primary, as well as advance and charge and FNP on my blessings. 

I decided to go after the right flank to hopefully shut down the Terraform and stop Si from racking up the points. The Berzerkers advanced up on the Votaan in the ruins. Lord Invocatus moved up to the middle objective. I did assets with the Spawn and Jackals on my home objective. 

In the charge phase, the Berzerkers went in, killing the Hearthkin to stop the Terraform and killing one Biker. I scored Storm for 4 pts, and Si completed Recover Assets. 



In his turn, Si got behind enemy lines and storm secure NML. 

The Pioneers and Sagitaur fell back from combat with the Berzerkers, while the other vehicles moved up to target Lord Invocatus. I used Rapid Ingress to bring in the 3-man Exalted near his home objective. On the left flank, the vehicles moved up on the other objective. 



The squad on the objective fired on the Exalted and managed to kill 2 after some mortal wound damage! The Berserkers were fired on, losing a couple but they then blood surged into the two Bikers on the objective. 

Si didn't fire on Lord Invocatus, wanting to charge him with the Hearthguard and grab the objective, but he failed the charge. This was probably the correct call. If he killed me with his shooting, I would have just used the stratagem to sticky the objective and he would have no way to move up on it. 



The Berserkers killed the Bikers to give me the objective and deny secure. 

VICTORY POINTS:
World Eaters- 32
Votaan- 20

TURN 3
This turn, I drew Behind Enemy Lines and Sabotage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment