Today's hobby update features a couple of the terrain pieces that I have been working on recently for a new Sector Imperialis board.
These were assembled using the Games Workshop Sector Imperialis terrain kits that I had lying around and based on MDF.
With the models based, I then glued sand to the base. I then coated the base with a mix of water, PVA and a little washing up liquid. This was on old tip that I got from an issue of White Dwarf. The washing up liquid helps the PVA to soak into the sand layer and gives it a good seal.
After the layer was completely dry, I undercoated it with Standard Mechanicus Grey. I then gave it a drybrush with grey, then white.
After that, I painted in some details in the ruins, including the skulls, some metal and the doors. Once the painting was done, I added some flock to the base to add a bit of colour.
That has two of the ruins complete, so I have two more to do to finish off this batch.