Sunday 5 November 2017

Hobby Sunday 05/11/17- Goliath Rockgrinder WIP

Today's hobby Sunday features the current work in progress on my Goliath Rockgrinder for my Genestealer Cults army. 

I decided that I would also magnetise the crew of the Rockgrinder to make them easier to transport and have less chance of them breaking off during transit. 

I have completed the painting of the Rockgrinder and just need to work on the crew. Here are some WIP shots and the completed vehicle.

























I have also magnestised the weapons options on the Rockgrinder to allow me to field all three heavy weapons on the vehicle. 




I have also magnetised some Neophyte Heavy Weapons. These will allow me to show which squads are embarked on which vehicle during the game. 





These work equally well on the Goliath Truck that I have previously painted. 


I now plan to work on the crew, as well as a squad of Neophyte Hybrids to add to the army. 




15 comments:

  1. Very nice work, all the tones fits perfectly! How did you manage to not become crazy magnetizing all those options and with all those sub assemblies?! I magnetized an Imperial Knight and I barely survived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad, I think I did it over the space of a few days. The Imperial Knight was pretty tough to magnetise, I did mine a while ago (still need to paint it though!).

      Delete
  2. Lovely work, man! The rockgrinder/goliath is definitely a fiddly kit and benefits from being painted in subassemblies - all the effort up front is already paying off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mordian, I really enjoyed painting these kits up, they were pretty quick and easy.

      Delete
  3. Dreat job, really should get mine started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that flamer come as standard?! Ah! stop! You're making me want to paint up my cult and I'm not ready! Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how the Cults get you, by making everything look good from the outside.
      Why don't you take a little break from your Red Scorpions, it doesn't need to be a long break. Just a quick undercoat of your own Rockgrinder. Maybe even a basecoat or a highlight or two. Don't worry, you can leave any time you want to..... There, that's it, succumb to the might of the Genestealer Cult, mwah ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I don't have a Rockgrinder yet and I know if I buy one then I won't be able to stop! Do not tempt me with your profane xenos creations!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh that thing looks very nice! One of my favorite models from GSC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris. Yeah, I agree, the Goliath trucks are great models, such a joy to paint.

      Delete
  6. Great work, Mike. I hope the effort in magnetizing things pays off in your games. Great idea. Personally I like that you can pose the models with the vehicle for display while still using them (presumable) on bases for a game. I am a big fan of magnets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! I don't know why I suddenly decided to magnetise them for the vehicles. Think I was looking at them and thinking "they're just going to snap off when I transport them" and figured that was the best option.

      Delete
  7. Looking very well so far and fair play on the sub assemblies. Always something I struggle with when I start throwing pieces together.

    ReplyDelete