Wednesday 1 November 2017

Genestealer Cult Progress So Far

Today I have some photos of all the units that I have painted so far for my Genestealer Cults army. I have been slowly working away at amassing my Cult force and getting as much painted as possible to try and field the army. 

So far, I have completed 5 units of infantry, one Goliath Truck and two characters. Here are some photos of the force. 

















I have many more units to add to the force and painting is continuing with these. I also want to add a bit more to the bases, as they are quite simplistic at the moment. I am thinking of adding some rubble and some static grass to the bases. 
I was tempted by the new bases available from GW, however, on an army this size, it will probably be too expensive to order them for the whole army. 

18 comments:

  1. Looking pretty bloody good mate, that's the beginnings (!) of a nice cult army right there! How many points, about 500? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Nick, I seem to be getting through them at a decent rate. I think it was about 800 pts when I did a rough total. With any other army, it would be complete by now!
    I've actually ordered in a few reinforcements to give me some more options. A Leman Russ and some Sentinels are on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work, man - That's a fantastic looking force!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mordian, I am quite happy with how it is coming along.

      Delete
  4. Another great looking army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice family portrait, great army! Which hue of static grass are you going to add (if you'll decided to add it? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stats. I have actually just purchased the additions to the bases today! I have ordered some small rubble that I can paint to match and have ordered some flock (buff brown) and static grass (scrub).
      I'm going for a barren wasteland look, so light brown/dead grass and a few bits of rock I will paint up Standard Mechanicus grey and highlight with a lighter grey or white. Probably should have done this from the start, but it hopefully shouldn't take me too long to get through the ones I've done, and I can add the rubble to the bases before undercoating on future models.

      Delete
  6. Whoa! Where did this insidious uprising come from? Great work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looking great. Are the 'stealers lurking in the dark waiting for the right moment to strike? Or are you not taking 'stealers?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just waiting for the right moment, of course (also waiting on them getting delivered!).

      Delete
  8. Looking great, as usual! I like the color scheme a lot, and can't wait for your first batrep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris. I was hoping to get them fully painted before I used them, but I'm kind of itching to get them on the table!

      Delete
    2. All I need to do is find a new club now!

      Delete
  9. They look awesome, impressive force you have there! I love the orange and overall paint scheme!

    ReplyDelete