Monday 29 April 2019

Hobby Update 29/04/19- Genestealer Cults Characters

This past week, I have been painting up some of my new characters for the Genestealer Cults army. These characters are badly needed in the force to give me some nice buffs to the army and I am looking forward to getting them on the tabletop. 

I have painted up the characters together in a batch to get them done quicker. I've done the basecoats, washes and some of the highlights so far. Hoping to get the rest of them painted this week for a game on Friday. I've also got a few Acolyte and Neophyte hybrids that I wanted to finish off as well. 























6 comments:

  1. Great additions, love the choice of weaponry for the Assassin - and the dismounted Jackal sniper would make a great figure on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. You'd probably need to prop him up on a rock or something to level him off, but he would make a pretty good snoper model for an Imperial army.

      Delete
  2. Lookin' good. Nice additions to the force. Teh are coming out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave! Looking forward to getting them on the table.

      Delete
  3. Unrelated - you’ll be happy they nerfed Dominus Knight Castellan 3++ and added extra 100pts to Weapons, but not happy Deathwatch can’t use Bolter Discipline with Special Ammo Or Vehicles lose the ability too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I still think a 4++ is too much on a model with T8 and 28 wounds, but I'm happy they've done something about it. As it is, you will probably see a lot more of the Knight stratagems get used now, as they are no longer needed for rotate ion shields (assuming they still take the warlord trait that gives a 4++).

      Sad to see the nerf to Deathwatch with the beta bolter rules. I don't think they were that ridiculously bad with it. Most of the damage is still going to be done my deep striking Storm Bolter squads anyway, so little change there.

      Delete