Back in August last year, I made a series of hobby goals for the upcoming year (based on Dave's series over on Confessions of a 40k addict). Recently, Rob posted his updated hobby goals and how he was getting on with them as the season comes to a close.
Thinking of my own hobby goals, I have achieved quite a few of the ones on the list, but none of my goals related to painting have even been touched this year. One of my goals was to get my Vampire Counts army finished. With the release of Age of Sigmar, I am unlikely to purchase much more for my Vampire Counts army, so thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get the rest of my army finished and actually have a completed army!
I had a look to see what still needed to be done and managed to get my remaining models undercoated in black last weekend. In order to complete my Vampire Counts army, I will need to paint up:
- 40 Zombies
- 20 Crypt Ghouls
- 3 Crypt Horrors
- 3 Spirit Hosts
- 10 Dire Wolves
- 20 Grave Guard
- Mounted Wight King
This is obviously a lot to do and I doubt I will get it finished before August (I have quite a few White Scars Scouts and transports to get painted before a tournament in July). While waiting for my White Scars units to arrive, I thought I would get started on some of the units in my undead pile.
I started my spirit hosts as these would be quick and easy to get done. I decided to paint these up in the same way as my spirits from my Mortis Engine to keep them consistent. The spirit hosts were undercoated in black, then given a couple of layers of Sybarite Green. They were then highlighted by drybrushing with Hellion Green. I then picked out the skeletons on the base and painted them to match the other skeletons in my army.