Sunday 7 February 2016

Hobby Sunday 06/02/16- Scars and Trees

Well, it's been a long, long time since I did one of these. My last hobby Sunday post was back at the beginning of October 2015 when I started making and painting my White Scars Command Squad for Rapid Fire 2015. I never posted the finished models on the blog, but with the exception of these 5 models, I don't think I have done any hobbying for those 4 months.
 
That needed to change and I decided to do more work on my White Scars. I purchased a set of Scout Bikers at Blog Wars 10 to use in the new White Scars formations. I finally got round to building them (arming one with a grenade launcher). Hopefully, I can try out some of the new formations in a game soon. If nothing else, I may actually get to pass some Hit and Run tests thanks to the formation re-rolls.

After Rapid Fire 2015, as I normally do, I took a look at the army and how it performed. One of the suggestions that came about was arming the sergeants with power axes. After raiding my bits boxes, I managed to scrounge up a couple of power axes and parts to create two new bikers. I also managed to build a banner carrying biker as a new addition to the command squad, to use him as a Banner of the Eagle carrier from the new White Scars Relics.





 
Finally, I looked at making some more progress towards some terrain projects I had started. A while back, I bought some laser cut MDF bases from ebay to make some woods. I glued two of these bases together for my 8 trees I have. I then glued some sand to the base. When I have a chance, I will spray paint these black and get them painted up (when the Scottish weather allows me!).


 
So now that I have finally got back into some hobby progress, I hope to continue with more projects in the near future. 

4 comments:

  1. Looking good. I just picked up a bunch of snow-covered trees that were on sale after Christmas that I need to get bases done for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Now I just need to wait for the constant wind and rain to stop so that I can get them sprayed!

      Delete
  2. Love the bikes. How are you intending to paint the banner? Do you have a design in mind? Scout bikes are great, especially if you give them a locator beacon for drop pod shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banner will be very simple most likely, my freehand painting is not great. I was thinking of doing the White Scars chapter symbol only.
      I haven't tried the Scout bikes yet. I bought them as they are necessary for the new Scars formations.

      Delete