Welcome to my week 2 update on the progress of my Terrorgheist for Monster March.
Monster March is a month-long hobby challenge being run by Swordmaster at "Path of an Outcast". You are challenged to get a monster model painted up over the course of March. You can find his first post detailing those participating using this link.
My first week got off to a pretty good start. I already had the model assembled and undercoated when I chose to take part. I took the first week to get the main bone colour on the Terrorgheist completed.
This week, I began to work on the wings and flesh areas of the model.
The Wings were painted with a base coat of Dark Angels Green (Caliban Green now, I think).
They were then given a green wash, followed by a drybrush of Goblin Green. It may be an unusual colour to use, but it will help it to match the rest of my Vampire Counts army on the table.
I then painted the ragged flesh areas, using the same technique as for my Ghouls. I started with a basecoat of Screamer Pink, followed by a wash of Reikland Fleshshade.
The first highlight was a drybrush of Cadian Fleshtone, followed by a second highlight of Kislev Flesh.
With that, the model is pretty much done. I wanted to get it to a good tabletop standard for my games.
I painted the rocks Dawnstone and will follow them with a highlight of white. I am blazing ahead with this at the moment. This is useful, as I am missing a week in March while on holiday. All that is left to do is the base, and I can consider Monster March complete!