Saturday 31 December 2016

Hobby Update 31/12/16- Deathwatch Rhino and Deathwatch Veterans

This week, I have been working on some more Deathwatch Veterans armed with Bolters and my Deathwatch Rhino. 

The Rhino was really easy to paint up, I actually managed to get it all done in one day. Doing edge highlighting on a vehicle with lots of straight lines and edges is pretty easy to do, so there was only the sections I decided to paint red and the metal work to finish off once all the highlighting was done. 


First highlight with Thunderhawk Blue.



Second highlight with Fenrisian Grey.

Second highlight with Fenrisian Grey.





The finished Rhino.









The Deathwatch Marines from my kit bash last week were also painted up. I think I am getting used to the edge highlighting now and finding it easier to do on the basic Marines. These Deathwatch Veterans can be used to bulk out my basic squads and have the two-handed Bolter pose as opposed to the single hand Bolter and combat weapon from the Deathwatch kit. 

















All I need to do with the Marines is finish off the bases. 

The Deathwatch army is coming along really nicely now. At the moment, all I have left to do are the Vanguard Veterans, the Corvus Blackstar, a couple of Bikers and the characters and models from the Deathwatch Overkill boxed set.  

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Corrm! The edge highlights are looking better and you are really cranking these guys out now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe! I'm really pleased with the progress. If I keep it up I might have a finished army as early as January!

      Delete