Sunday 4 December 2016

Hobby Sunday 04/12/16- Deathwatch Test Scheme

This week, I have been painting up the first of my Deathwatch marines to test out the colour scheme for the army. 
Earlier in the week, I had a go at edge highlighting the first of the marines. The attempt went ok, but I was advised to complete the rest of the Marine to see how the final product would look. 

I was able to finish off one of the Marines this week. I was pretty pleased with how the final result turned out. 












I think the edge highlighting is coming along nicely, thanks to everyone who gave me advice in the last post. I will most likely take my time with the rest of the Marines to try and get them up to the same standard, so will be working on the army over the next few months as well as getting games in while they are a work in progress. 

7 comments:

  1. Black is tricky. It seems an easy color to do at first, but it's one of the hardest. You've made a lot of progress, so just keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Thor! They look a bit too blue in the strong light, but are decent under normal light on the table.

      Delete
  2. With the rest of the paints on the highlights look really good, the blue is not so sharp or overpowering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was quite pleased with how they turn out. Just need to keep it up and not get bored when painting as the edge highlighting will get very sloppy then!

      Delete
  3. The good news is that the more you do those highlights the easier they'll get. It looks like it'll be a good scheme so far. Looking forward to seeing the first finished unit.

    One of my personal goals is to always try something new with every new force, so it's cool to see someone learning techniques and experimenting with highlights just like I was a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First unit is just about finished, pictures to go up next week. It is certainly a new technique for marines, I have only ever done edge highlighting on vehicles before. Lots of sharp edges and much easier on vehicles.

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the Black Corrm, it's a tricky color to do. After a full army of these, you'll be an expert :-) The silver looks good on him too.

    ReplyDelete