Thursday 15 June 2023

Terrain Showcase- UKTC Jungle Board

This latest table is my second jungle board that I have made. The first was made using GW ruins and painted a lighter colour. 

For the second one, I wanted to go with a different style and a darker tone for the buildings and board to match the darker gaming mat. This mat was from pwork wargames. 


I painted up these ruins with the same dark grey primer that I have used previously. This was then followed by a lighter grey highlight, then adding some grime patches, along with some green and brown patches for the jungle encroaching on the buildings. 

I then added some plastic fern leaves and shrubs that were glued onto the building. For these ones, I added some creeping vines across the terrain pieces. Rather than glue these on directly, I drilled some holes in the mdf and attached them using some green garden twine. I figured this would be more secure than gluing them, as the rigours of regular gaming would easily rip the vines off. 

I actually stumbled across the vines and ferns in a hobby store on holiday in Berlin. I picked up a few packs, but kind of wish I had picked up some more. I haven't been able to find a good equivalent here in the UK to use in future sets. 

I didn't make these boards as "busy" as the previous jungle ones, as it needed to be a bit clearer for competitive tournament play. 



















If you have been enjoying the terrain pics, you can get your chance to play on them. I am hosting a two-day Grand Tournament in Oxfordshire later in the year. Oxford Onslaught 2 is the second GT event I will have hosted, and will be my first event with the 10th edition rules coming out soon. Alternatively, I am also taking on terrain commissions to build similar boards. 

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great board to play on!! I recently picked up a jungle neoprene mat so that I can put together a setup like this too. I need to get some decent ruins though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Marc! I really like the jungle boards. This one is a little darker than the previous one. I like the mdf ruins, as they are easy to customise for the boards. It took me a while to find the vines and shrub to decorate them, but I like how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. EXPERT IN RECOVERY AND CRYTOCURRENCY

    I'm short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with binary options strategy am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $2000 and earn $13,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him.
    Instagram : hacker judas
    via Email: hackerjudas9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BITCOIN AND CRYPTO SCAM RECOVERY EXPERT; CAPTAIN WEBGENESIS.

    What happens after losing Bitcoin to Fraudsters?
    You can choose to accept the loss and give the con artists your hard-earned money, or you can choose the second choice.
    As a result of your failure to stop the scammers, additional people will become victims, many of whom will most likely be your friends or relatives.
    As an alternative, you can contact bitcoin recovery professionals like Wild Hacker at (wild h acker 1 6 @ g m ail . c om), who will assist you in tracing and recovering your bitcoin. Wild Hacker collaborates with law enforcement to help catch these con artists. You can proceed as long as you know the wallet address of the con artist.
    I wish you success in getting your bitcoin back.

    ReplyDelete