Friday 4 September 2020

Hobby Update 04/09/20- White Scars Assault Intercessor Squad

 Today's hobby update features a new squad of Assault Intercessors for my White Scars army. 

These models are from the Indomitus boxed set (that I eventually got my hands on). This squad should really boost the combat potential of my White Scars forces, especially when the assault doctrine hits. The squad will get 4 attacks each on the charge, with AP-2 in the assault doctrine and doing 2 damage. That should prove to be a potent Marine killer when they go up to 2 wounds each. 














4 comments:

  1. I envy your willingness to paint a white army...that always seems to be the hardest of colors to deal with.

    I picked up 10 of these guys on eBay at a fairly reasonable price. At least 5 will go to my Silver Drakes, but am pondering painting up the other five as ANGRY MAHREENZ!!! (just for shits & giggles).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad to paint up actually. I've done about 5000 pts of White Scars, so it should be easier by now!
      The hardest part is making mistakes in the other colours, as it's quite hard to cover them over with white.

      Delete
  2. Did you take photos during decal work? The Sergeant’s Arrow is wonky! Lol. Great squad and speedy painting, mine are still on the sprue. These should be a great addition to your force, what are you going to drop in their stead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a few of the transfers dried out a bit wonky overnight :)
      I've not actually played any 9th edition games yet, so haven't put together an army. I'm thinking of trying out a Primaris force with what I already had and the Indomitus units. So far, I've got 5 units of Intercessors (2 combat), Infiltrators, Eliminators, 2 Impulsors, two units of Outriders and Khan himself. I'm think a fast, mobile combat force might be fun.

      Delete