Friday 11 September 2020

Hobby Update 11/09/20- White Scars Eradicator Squad

 Today's hobby update features an Eradicator squad for my White Scars Primaris force. 

These guys provide some potent anti-tank firepower to the army, with their special rules enabling them to fire twice at the same target. With a 24" assault Melta weapon, they can put a lot of hurt on enemy tanks and monsters with their potent firepower. 

The right hand shoulder pad symbol was actually from the Ultramarines transfer set. I cut this out and painted it red (from white). Once dried, I was able to use the transfer as normal. I had tried doing free hand before, but had little success. I think this one turned out much better. 














8 comments:

  1. Smart use of transfers. A little more definition on the joins between the boots would really take this up a notch. Maybe a thinned blue wash.

    Potential to gloss varnish the whole piece, before metals are done, and pin wash all the panels like tank painters do, then satin or matt varnish it to seal that in, before coming to the metallics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! I don't tend the varnish the minis too much, I've had bad experiences with the colours muting or frosting of the minis.

      Delete
  2. Dammit, I want some now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The new Indomitus models are really nice, such a joy to paint up.

      Delete
  3. Good work on those, liking the white on all your recent White Scars. They are a chapter I like but could never paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rory! Finally getting to play another game is a great motivation for getting the units painted up.

      Delete
  4. A solid addition to your Scars, mate. It will be interesting to see how they go in games, I get the feeling they are going to be priority 1 targets :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, they didn't do that well in my first game with them. I think that was more due to poor rolling than the ability of the unit though!

      Delete