Monday 17 September 2018

Hobby Update 17/09/18- More Sector Imperialis Ruins completed

Today's hobby update features some more Sector Imperialis ruins that I have made for a cityfight table. 

I have returned! My holiday in sunny Sicily is now over. I have returned very tanned, so much so that I almost look like a normal person now. 

I dove back into the hobby work quickly and managed to get a couple more ruins painted up. This is to add to the two recent buildings that I completed a few weeks ago.



























I was also able to update an older building that I had painted up ages ago. I added some Agrax Earthshade to the metal areas, highlighted the pipes and girders, and added some flock.





With these buildings complete, I have two more to paint up to finish off the ruins for my boards. I also made a new purchase this week, of a battlemat! This has been a long time coming, and I bought it to compliment my newly painted ruins. This should give me plenty of line of sight blocking for my games. I'm planning to pick up another mat or two from Gamemat when funds are available!


I hope to get a battle report filmed this coming weekend, so look out for that. Remember, you can like the St Andrews Wargaming Facebook page to keep up to the latest info on the blog. In addition, you can subscribe to the St Andrews Wargaming Youtube channel to get notifications for the upcoming battle reports. 

10 comments:

  1. Looking good! I like the sopts of colour added in by the gras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, the grass does help to break up the colour on the terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers, Dave! Looking forward to getting the set complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! Nice job finding a good balance between picking out enough detail and not taking forever to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider. I am trying to get them finished quickly for a game this weekend. I like some good terrain on the board, but it shouldn't detract from the models themselves.

      Delete
  5. this is proper old school! I love what you've done with the skyshield landing pad support to make that balcony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a couple of them left over from some spare terrain I got, thought it would be a nice addition.

      Delete