Friday 13 October 2017

Hobby Update 13/10/17- Goliath Truck WIP

Another hobby update this week, as I started work on one of my Goliath Trucks for the Genestealers Cult. 

I decided to magnetise the crew of the Goliath so that they could be removed. This was for two reasons. The first was that it would allow me to remove the passengers when the squad inside disembarked, or to use other models to represent the squad being transported. Second, these models are the most likely to be snapped off or broken when transporting the vehicle, so this would reduce the odds of that. It would also allow me to paint the crew separately from the main body of the truck. 

I will post an article on magnetising the truck in the coming weeks (I am currently magnetising a Rockgrinder and will include this in one article), so this will just show the painting progress so far. 

The truck was actually quite easy to paint up, following a similar method to painting up the infantry models in my army. Here are some WIP shots of the painting and the completed Truck model. 



















Here are some shots with the magnetised crew. I have already started painting these up as you can see and hope to complete them soon. 

I am currently working on painting up a Primus model for the army, as well as on a Goliath Rockgrinder to add to the force. 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed buddy, those edge highlights are beautifully crisp, and the headlights are looking awesome too (a little gloss varnish over the top works wonders for them I find).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick! Yeah, it was much easier to get it painted. Nice to get back to some good old drybrushing after ages doing line highlighting on the Deathwatch.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work. What grey is that? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Thor! The main grey is Administratum Grey.

      The full scheme is a basecoat of Standard Mechanicus Grey, then a coat of Administratum Grey, wash of Agrax Earthshade, drybrush of Administratum Grey and final edge highlight of Pallid Wych Flesh.

      Delete
    2. Makes for a really nice workman-like grey. Nice job with it.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I think the dirty look fits in well with the cult.

      Delete