Another hobby update this week, as I started work on one of my Goliath Trucks for the Genestealers Cult.
I decided to magnetise the crew of the Goliath so that they could be removed. This was for two reasons. The first was that it would allow me to remove the passengers when the squad inside disembarked, or to use other models to represent the squad being transported. Second, these models are the most likely to be snapped off or broken when transporting the vehicle, so this would reduce the odds of that. It would also allow me to paint the crew separately from the main body of the truck.
I will post an article on magnetising the truck in the coming weeks (I am currently magnetising a Rockgrinder and will include this in one article), so this will just show the painting progress so far.
The truck was actually quite easy to paint up, following a similar method to painting up the infantry models in my army. Here are some WIP shots of the painting and the completed Truck model.
Here are some shots with the magnetised crew. I have already started painting these up as you can see and hope to complete them soon.
I am currently working on painting up a Primus model for the army, as well as on a Goliath Rockgrinder to add to the force.