Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Hobby Update 28/06/17- Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans

Today on the hobby update, I have a unit of Vanguard Veterans for my Deathwatch army. The new rules for Kill Teams for the Deathwatch give some nice bonuses for adding a Biker, Terminator or a Vanguard Veteran to the unit. 
I wanted to have some cheap, basic Vanguard Veterans that I could add to units in my games. I happened to have five spare Veterans lying around in my unpainted pile, so I quickly got them painted up and added to my army. 

Three are armed with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, one has a Power Sword and one has a Power Fist. 

















With the Veterans completed, the only model that I have left for my Deathwatch that is unpainted is the Watch Master. I have already started work on this HQ unit, so expect an update very soon. 

7 comments:

  1. They look great and a worthy addition to your Force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Siph! Yeah, they are actually pretty good in 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red and gold really does make them suddenly pop, well played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rory. Yeah, the additional colours really add to the models. I think the biggest difference was with the corvus blackstar. It looked so dull and boring until the gold and red was added.

      Delete
  4. NIce work. Your edge highlighting has really come along well.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.
    หนังซอมบี้

    ReplyDelete