Wednesday 28 June 2017

Hobby Update 28/06/17- Deathwatch Vanguard Veterans

Today on the hobby update, I have a unit of Vanguard Veterans for my Deathwatch army. The new rules for Kill Teams for the Deathwatch give some nice bonuses for adding a Biker, Terminator or a Vanguard Veteran to the unit. 
I wanted to have some cheap, basic Vanguard Veterans that I could add to units in my games. I happened to have five spare Veterans lying around in my unpainted pile, so I quickly got them painted up and added to my army. 

Three are armed with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, one has a Power Sword and one has a Power Fist. 

















With the Veterans completed, the only model that I have left for my Deathwatch that is unpainted is the Watch Master. I have already started work on this HQ unit, so expect an update very soon. 

10 comments:

  1. They look great and a worthy addition to your Force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Siph! Yeah, they are actually pretty good in 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red and gold really does make them suddenly pop, well played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rory. Yeah, the additional colours really add to the models. I think the biggest difference was with the corvus blackstar. It looked so dull and boring until the gold and red was added.

      Delete
  4. NIce work. Your edge highlighting has really come along well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stuff!! Is the only way to get a deathwatch vanguard vet by upgrading normal sm van vets? I want to build up an army but notice I cant get them anywhere.... its annoying because I want all my deathwatch to have the emblem on there elbow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Vanguard Veterans are just upgraded Space Marine ones with the Shoulder Pads. They don't have the emblem on the elbow.

      You could potentially convert some using a Deathwatch Veterans box for the arms. Some quick weapon swaps would give you an arm with the emblem on the elbow. Would work for most weapons except the Lightning Claws and Power Fist.

      Delete
    2. cheers pal! ill get building later on, ill be sure to keep you posted

      Delete
    3. Good luck, looking forward to seeing how you get on. It's not something I considered when building them myself, this would tie them in nicely with the rest of the force.

      In case you didn't know, I've got a facebook page now https://www.facebook.com/standwargaming/ where you can share your progress if you want.

      Delete