Tuesday 30 October 2018

St Andrews Wargaming- Blog Update

Hi everyone, today I have an update on what is happening with me and the blog in the coming weeks. 

I just wanted to put some thoughts down on what has been happening and what is coming up for St Andrews Wargaming. 

First up, written battle reports have been a bit sparse recently. Don't worry, this is not a waning interest from me on the side of written reports. My games for the battle reports get played at the Spiky Club in Reading on a Friday night. This means that from time to time I don't get a game each week if I am away for the weekend or have plans on the Friday (a rarity, I assure you!). The last few weeks have been a bit sparse through illness and visits home, etc. I'm also going to be busy and away at tournaments for the next few weeks, so reports may be a little light for the coming weeks. 

Don't worry though, I'll be attending the Warfare tournament in Reading and another tournament up in Stockport in November. This means I'll have 10 tournament battle reports to write up come the end of November and December, so plenty of great content to come there. 

I am also very excited for the upcoming Ork codex. I'll be picking this up next weekend, and hope to get a full review out the following week, to see what goodness the new book has in store for me. I also hope to get some battle reports done very soon with the new codex. 

On the hobby side, I am close to completing my Genestealer Cult army. I have a few Neophyte Hybrids and Acolyte Hybrids to paint up to finish the force (at least, until the codex comes and brings some new toys). After that, I am planning to take a good look at my Primaris army for the Dark Angels. I have a host of new units to paint up and hope to play some all Primaris games to try to see if I can do well with the army. 

I'll also be hoping to do more video battle reports in addition. I hope people are enjoying these, as they are fun to do and a nice change of pace from the written battle reports. I just published a great one yesterday with my Genestealer Cults and have another with my tournament Dark Angels/Deathwatch army that I need to get edited. 

So, those are just some of the plans I have coming up before Christmas. Expect lots of content to come from the blog and Youtube channel. Be sure to subscribe to the channel to get all the latest videos. You can also follow the blog on Facebook to get discussions and sneak peaks on hobby content. 

12 comments:

  1. I for one will be happy to see more battle reports, as I do like reading, and am not a fan of video battle reports (nothing against yours, just not a big fan of the medium) so am reassured that you plan to continue both formats.

    You have confused me with your update on the genestealer cult... you said something about "finished army" and while both words make sense independently when you put them together I just feel this overwhelming sense of confusion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, that is a foreign phrase to many who partake in this hobby.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the new content! I, for one, would not want to rush a good thing. Everything in its own time, I always say! Best of luck with the upcoming tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the bat reps and tournament reports dude, take as much time as you need with the content, its always worth waiting for !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have always enjoyed reading through your battle reports. Good luck with the new primaris army.

    The Ork codex looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rory! Yeah, can't wait to pick it up this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Gaming over the weekend (Friday night to Sunday) does hold many advantages but there are some drawbacks, mostly taking over your whole weekend plans! I haven't had much of a chance to read your battle reports of late, usually I just read the intro, flick through the pictures and read the last bit, but I still enjoy them none the less for it. I've watched your videos though, usually while cooking dinner, and I will say they are getting better with everyone.

    I hope the upcoming tournaments are good fun and you manage to surpass your own expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven! I know, it can be hard to find the time to read everything. I've fallen back a bit in reading other blogs too recently.

      Glad you are enjoying the video reports. I'm still working out some kinks, but they are going pretty well and getting good feedback.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately I can't reply on YouTube, as I've got it on restricted mode or something, to stop the kids watching things they shouldn't, this seems to have disabled the ability to read and post comments, as well stopping me watching certian videos, which is a little annoying at times.

      Delete
  6. Keep posting, I'll keep reading/watching them.

    ReplyDelete